Monday, October 30, 2017

Aiden O'Connell as Rowdy Roddy Piper on Svengoolie!

Aiden as Rowdy Roddy Piper at the Flashback Weekend
costume contest made it on METV during Svengoolie!
And now, the backstory...

Aiden was my little helper Saturday at Flashback Weekend
as I sold my prints at the horror themed convention.
To amuse me (and him) he spent the day as Rowdy Roddy Piper in preparation for the Svengoolie hosted costume contest at 4pm. The nap Gods smiled upon me as he curled up under the table and had a good two hour sleep beforehand, so he was in a great mood when he woke up. I could never find any mini-guns for him to hold, but the much better 'pail of bubblegum' solution dawned on me the day before. He delighted in handing 
out gum to everyone, and luckily didn't run out, so no ass kicking was needed. At the contest, I went up with him and helped to get the point across by donning the "They Live' rubber mask. I had to wait 'til I was onstage though as I can't see anything through it.
He did a great job answering Sven's questions.
S-"What's your name?"
A-"Aiden Shane Bullitt O'Connell!"
S-"I mean, who are you supposed to be?"
A-"I don't know!"
All the other kids were fantastic and we delighted in being able to have the little squirt participate. He was quite happy to spend the next hour continuing to supply convention-goers with Dubble Bubble!





Who wore it best?
Aiden charms as Rowdy Roddy Piper at Flashback Weekend.
Not that he needs it, but bubble gum never hurts
when makin' time with the ladies.


I've found that under the vending table is a great place for the youngster to hang out.
Plus,  I always bring blankets and a pillow because he's
sure to take an afternoon nap in the secret fort. :-)
Ready to chew bubblegum and kick ass at Flashback Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment